Date: October 19, 2020 and October 24, 2020
Location: Virtual Training
Join the fight for democracy with the St. Louis Area Voting Initiative (SLAVI), the Center for Social Development (CSD), and the St. Louis Area Election Protection Coalition (STLVPC). We are writing to enlist your help and participation in Missouri’s nonpartisan Election Protection effort for the November 2020 elections by participating in the Virtual Election Protection Training Series we are hosting. You must sign up in advance at www.protectthevote.net to receive a volunteer assignment.
Election Protection is the nation’s largest nonpartisan voter protection effort working to ensure all eligible voters are able to cast a ballot. Your contributions to monitoring polls, social media and responding to issues from voters helps stop voter suppression in its tracks.
The Missouri Election Protection volunteer opportunities include the following:
- Poll Monitor (contactless) – a volunteer who works outside an assigned polling place to assist voters who encounter difficulty casting their vote at that particular polling place.
- Roving Poll Monitor (contactless) drive (or bike) between polling places to assist voters who encounter difficulty casting their vote at particular polling places, collect information, and report problems.
- Social Media Monitor (remote) identify mis/disinformation outline and help voters cast their ballots.
- Legal (remote) respond to issues called into hotline.
Volunteers are being asked to sign up and participate in the following training sessions:
- Field Training (Poll monitor & Roving Poll Monitor) Monday, Oct. 19, 2020 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM CT
To participate, register here in advance of the training:
- Social Media Monitor Saturday, Oct. 24, 2020 10:00 AM–12:00 PM CT
To participate, register here in advance for training:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about how to join the training.