WORK, FAMILIES AND PUBLIC POLICY
A Biweekly Brown Bag Seminar Series
Topics Relating to Labor, Households, Health Care, Law and Social Welfare
- September 19 Marcus Berliant, Washington University in St. Louis, “Commuting and Internet Traffic Congestion”
- October 3 Eleanor Brown, Pennsylvania State University, “The Nature of the Farm: Some Thoughts on Accounting for Different Methods of Feeding Enslaved People in the Antebellum South and British West Indies”
- October 17 Sanghmitra Gautam, Washington University in St. Louis, “Can Informal Health Providers Help Reach the Last Mile? Experimental Evidence from Nigeria”
- October 31 Lucie Schmidt, Smith College, “The Great Recession’s Baby-less Recovery: The Role of Unintended Births”
- November 14 Kevin Lang, Boston University, “Do Elite Universities Overpay Their Faculties?”
- November 28 Ian Filmore, Washington University in St. Louis, “College Markups Over Time and Across Students”
Faculty members and graduate students from Washington University, the University of Missouri, Saint Louis University and other area universities, are invited to participate.Time: 12:00 to 1:00 PM, with discussion extending to 1:30 p.m., for those interested. Place: Seigle Hall, Room 348, at Washington University.
For more information, contact:
- Bob Pollak, at (314) 935-4918, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Michael Sherraden, at (314) 935-6691, email: email@example.com
Sponsored by: The Olin Business School, the Center for Social Development, the Department of Economics, and the College of Arts and Sciences.