Date: August, 3, 2019, 9:00 a.m. to noon
Location: 24:1 Cinema, 6755 Page Avenue, St. Louis, MO 63133
Join us for a viewing of the documentary film, “Rigged: The Voter Suppression Playbook.” The purpose of the screening is to engage community leaders in a deeper dive and discussion about voter suppression tactics, and the significant impacts it has on voter participation. The screening will be followed by a panel discussion and call to action.
Speakers include regional leaders and national experts:
- Chris Krehmeyer, President & CEO, Beyond Housing
- Denise Lieberman, Senior Attorney, Director, Power & Democracy Program, Advancement Project
- Rasheen Aldridge, 5th Ward Committeeman
Rita Days, former State Representative
- Rev. Dinah Tatman, Alderwoman 1st Ward, Bellefountaine
- Erica Williams, A Red Circle
- Kimberly Beck, President, Gamma Omega Chapter, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc.
- Gena Gunn McClendon, Director of Voter Access and Engagement, Center for Social Development
This event is free and open to the public.
Sponsored by the Center for Social Development in partnership with the St. Louis Area Voting Initiative, St. Louis Area Voter Protection Coalition, Gamma Omega Chapter, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., and Metropolitan Congregations United.