∙ Close the Health Gap
- Innovative and evidence-based social strategies can improve health care, stem alcohol misuse, and lead to broad gains in the health of our entire society.
∙ Stop Family Violence
- Proven interventions can prevent abuse, identify abuse sooner, and help families survive and thrive by breaking the cycle of violence or finding safe alternatives.
∙ Advance Long and Productive Lives
- Fuller engagement in education and productive activities can generate a wealth of benefits, including better health, greater financial security, and a more vital society.
THEME II: STRONGER SOCIAL FABRIC
∙ Eradicate Social Isolation
- Social isolation is a silent killer, and our challenge is to promote effective ways to deepen social connections and community for people of all ages.
∙ End Homelessness
- This challenge is to increase access to affordable housing and rental subsidies, expand proven approaches and adapt innovations for new populations.
∙ Harness Technology for Social Good
- New technologies can be deployed to strategically target social spending, speed development of effective programs, and bring a wider array of help to more communities.
THEME III: JUST SOCIETY
∙ Promote Smart Decarceration
- A proactive, evidence-based strategy can dramatically reduce the number of people who are imprisoned and enable the nation to embrace a more effective, just approach to public safety.
∙ Reduce Extreme Economic Inequality
- We can correct the broad inequality of wealth and income through a variety of innovative means related to wages and tax benefits, and also strive for greater access to education.
∙ Build Financial Capability for All
- We can significantly reduce the effects of poverty by adopting policies that bolster lifelong income and safe retirement accounts; expand workforce training; and provide financial literacy and access to quality affordable financial services.
∙ Achieve Equal Opportunity and Justice
- Addressing racial and social injustices, dismantling inequality, exposing unfair practices, and accepting the superdiversity of the population will advance this challenge.