Date: December 4-6, 2013
Location: Washington, D.C.
In December 2013, in Washington D.C., with support from the Charles Stewart Mott Foundation, CSD facilitated a meeting of the State Assets Coalitions Learning Cluster (an established group of twelve states who meet twice yearly to exchange assets policy information and discuss policy strategies). The group, comprised of experts in the field of asset building, discussed their ongoing efforts to advance inclusive state and federal policy development and policies that will expand incentives and opportunities for low- and moderate-income families across the life spectrum.
- Denise Wilson, Erin Currier, Dana Elliott, Sarah Sattelmeyer Pew Charitable Trust?: Moving on UP
- Janet Boguslaw, Institute on Assets and Social Policy, Brandeis University: Hard Choices: Navigating the Economic Shock of Unemployment & Employment Capital: How Work Builds and Protects Family Wealth and Security
- John Gist, George Washington Institute of Public Policy: Retirement Security Across Generations: Are Americans Prepared for Their Golden Years?
- Corey Stone, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau: Payday Loans and Deposit Advance Products: A White Paper of Initial Data Findings
- Leah Gjertson, Center for Financial Security, University of Wisconsin-Madison: Emergency Savings: Next Steps in an Evolving Field